Notification of Changes
Information we collect
Information Maker Events Canada collects generally falls into two categories:
- information you provide us, which is gathered with your specific knowledge and consent, for example when you register to use our services, fill out forms, and are asked to provide information such as your email address, your name, phone number, details about your projects / ideas, etc, and
- information collected through the use of technology, which includes general tracking information collected as you use our website and the Services. This includes log files automatically created when you visit our website.
How we use the information collected
Maker Event Canada uses the collected information to inform people of details about our events, including the Future Of Making Unconference. The information you provide may be used on our website and in various other locations such as our newsletters, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Generally the information you provide may be for the following purposes:
- to help us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently
- to run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
- to send users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them
- to display to viewers of our website details of who and what will be at the events
- to send periodic emails
Maker Events Canada does not share, transmit or provide your personal information to any third party unless you provide explicit consent to do so, or when it is necessary to:
- enforce applicable terms of service.
- comply with any applicable law or regulations or cooperate with official investigations.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Maker Events Canada, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
Maker Events Canada
2-120 Christie Street
Toronto, ON M6G 3B2